Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, I said olive oil and chocolate chips. Don't be afraid to make these cookies, you won't be disappointed. They might become your new favorite cookie recipe!
- 1 cup Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp., plus extra for garnish, Kosher salt
- 1 Large egg
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil, vanilla, both sugars and the 1 teaspoon of salt, to a large mixing bowl. Mix until you have a smooth consistency. Now mix in the egg. Blend until it's completely smooth again.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix just until it's fully incorporated and you don't see any dry spots of flour. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to shape the batter into balls, about 2 tablespoons each. (Your hands will be greasy from the oil) Add the shaped balls of dough to the parchment-lined baking sheets as you go. They should have at least 2-inches between them, about a dozen per sheet. Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten the balls of batter, only about halfway. Then lightly sprinkle each one with Kosher salt.
- Place the baking sheets in the preheated 350°F oven until the cookies are golden brown along the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to come to room temperature.