Fall means roasted veggies--what better then potatoes and squash! Perfect as a side dish or for your next Meatless Monday!
- 1 pound butternut squash cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Meyer Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes and soak them in water for 20 minutes
- Peel the squash and cut.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sauté the potatoes in a large pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil for about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients including the potatoes making sure everything is coated well.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish that is large enough so that it is in one layer
- Pour ¼ cup hot water in the corner of the pan tilting it so the water spread across the whole bottom of the baling dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 20 minutes
- Lower the temperature to 320 (160) and roast for until potatoes are cooked at soft, for about 1 hour. Check the fluid levels while roasting and add a bit of hot water if needed.
Gluten Free, Vegan