9 Surprising Olive Oil Pairings: Unleashing the Potential of Liquid Gold
Welcome to the wonderful world of olive oil! As a staple in Mediterranean cuisine, we know that it works magic with traditional dishes like salads and pasta. But did you know that this liquid gold can also elevate some unexpected culinary delights?
In this blog post, we'll dive into some of these surprising pairings and give you some tantalizing ideas for playing around with this incredibly versatile ingredient.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: If your taste buds enjoy the dance of sweet and savory, try drizzling high-quality extra virgin olive oil over your vanilla ice cream. To add a zesty touch, opt for our Clementine Olive Oil.
- Popcorn: Give your popcorn a healthy and flavorsome makeover with Garlic & Butter Olive Oil or for a kick add Habanero Olive Oil. The oil's delectable nuttiness will enhance the snack, and you can have fun experimenting with our various herb mixes and olive oils for a unique bowl of popcorn!
- Yogurt: Pairing yogurt with fruity olive oil like Tahitian Lime Olive Oil is a match made in heaven. Or go for a Rosemary Lemon Olive Oil to deliver a savory, herb-infused experience.
- Dark Chocolate: The boldness of dark chocolate marries beautifully with the fruity richness of olive oil. Drizzle some high-quality Koroneiko Extra Virgin Olive Oil over a piece of dark chocolate for an indulgent treat. Or try our Chili Pepper Olive Oil, a flavor adventure.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: Reinvent the classic grilled cheese sandwich with a health-conscious twist by using Butter Olive Oil instead of butter. The oil will yield a crispy, golden crust and add a mouthwatering flavor to the cheese.
- Mashed Potatoes: Swap out butter or cream for Herbs de Provence Olive Oil in your mashed potatoes for a healthier version with a delicate, herby twist.
- Avocado Toast: Take your avocado toast to new heights with a drizzle of Meyer Lemon Olive Oil. The oil imparts richness and depth, allowing you to get creative with seasonings and toppings.
- Fruits: It may sound odd, but olive oil can even enhance certain fruits like strawberries or melon. For a creative snack, drizzle fruit-flavored olive oil like Clementine, Meyer Lemon, Basil, or Tahitian Lime Olive Oil over your fruit.
- Granola: Kickstart your day with a nourishing and flavorful breakfast by mixing high-quality extra virgin olive oil with honey and cinnamon, then drizzling it over your granola. The oil adds a touch of nuttiness to the cereal and supplies a wholesome fat source for your morning.
And there you have it – 9 unexpected foods that are a match made in olive oil heaven. Don't hesitate to venture out and discover new flavor pairings with this adaptable ingredient.
As they say in Italy, "Dove c'è olio, c'è vita!" (Where there is oil, there is life!) 🇮🇹