Tex-Mex Street Corn Salad with Avocado
This is my favorite salad! When corn-on-the-cob isn't in season, I use frozen corn. Its a quick and easy salad to make. Goes perfect with grilled chicken and a cold beer!
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob (4 cups) (or frozen corn)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Red or Green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cilantro leaves, slightly packed, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 oz. Cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 3 Tbsps. mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. Key Lime Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning
- 1 1/2 medium avocados (semi-firm but ripe) peeled, cored and chopped small
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add corn, season with salt to taste and toss, then let cook, tossing only occasionally (about every 2 minutes) until corn is well charred all over (about 6 - 9 minutes total).Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add corn to a medium bowl along with, avocados, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, Cotija, mayonnaise, vinegar, Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning , and toss.
- Serve immediately with more Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning to taste as desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy