- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/3 cup chopped red or green onion (if using red run under water and drain to remove harsh bite)
- 1/3 cup slightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 oz Cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Key Lime Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning
- 1 1/2 medium avocados (semi-firm but ripe) peeled, cored and chopped small
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
Add corn, season with salt to taste and toss, then let cook, tossing only occasionally (about every 2 minutes) until corn is well charred all over (about 6 - 9 minutes total).
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Add corn to a medium bowl along with, avocados, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, Cotija, mayonnaise, and vinegar and Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning and toss.
Serve immediately with more Tex-Mex Street Corn Seasoning to taste as desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy