Tomato and Rice Soup
- 3 Tbsp Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Moroccan Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white basmati rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or white cooking wine
- Heat the olive oil in a medium soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add leeks, carrots and celery and cook for about 5 minutes until leeks are reduced and soft.
- Add garlic, Kosher Salt, Organic Moroccan Vegetable Seasoning and Organic Bay Leaf and stir to combine.
- Add crushed tomatoes with juice and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and stir in basmati rice.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaf stir in white wine.
- Serve hot.