After months of COVID-stressed food indulgences, everyone (including me) is eager to get their diets back on track, and salads seem to be the all-around calling card for wellness.
If you’re part of that group, you may feel overloaded by all the possibilities, but we're here to help. Here are a couple of our favorite salad tips! If you missed our other salad-making tips--the links are below!
- Homemade salad dressing trick - Make dressing in a flash by marking the amount of oil and vinegar you need on a jar or bottle you use each time.
- Rub the bowl with Garlic- Rubbing your salad bowl with garlic will add a touch of flavor without ruining your breath for the day.
- Soak onions in water - Onions can add a nice bite to salads, but they are often too strong. Soak them in water to dilute their power.
- Massage your Kale - Massage kale with olive oil before using it in a salad so it is more tender and easier to eat.
- Blitz those veggies- Do you skimp on the veggies because you hate chopping them? A food processor can chop all those vegetables at once with just a quick pulsing action. Throw medium-sized chunks in and blitz those babies for a few 2-second intervals. You will instantly have finely chopped veggies you can store in a glass container in your fridge.