Tips For Cooking With Olive Oil
Olive oil is packed with polyphenols, amino acids, and healthy monounsaturated fats. This makes it a beautiful ingredient to use in your every day cooking!
Here are some ways to use olive oil:
- Use in marinades or sauces for meat, fish, poultry, and vegetables.
- Drizzle over salad or use it to create a delicious vinaigrette
- Drizzle over cooked pasta or vegetables.
- Create an easy appetizer with herbs, olive oil, and bread. Everyone loves to dip bread in oil!
- Create croutons by toasting bread tossed with olive oil in the oven. Great for your salad or soups.
- Replace butter with olive oil in mashed potatoes or on baked potatoes. For the ultimate mashed potatoes add our Black Truffle, Garlic, & Butter EVOO.
- Make a yummy heart-healthy dip by mixing cooked white beans, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor; season to taste with your favorite herbs. Italian Hummus!
- Before refrigerating pesto, add a thin layer of fine virgin olive oil on top so your pesto stays green and fresh.
- Add to your eggs like omelets and frittatas.
- Brush it on meats before grilling or broiling to seal in the meat flavor and juices and create a crispy exterior.
- Bake with olive oil. Get more monounsaturated fat and polyphenolic compounds in your diet.
In general, treat your olive oils as you do your wines, carefully pairing their tastes with the flavors of the other ingredients in the dishes you are creating.