5 Small Thanksgiving Ideas
This year is going to be very different celebrating Thanksgiving. Most of us will not celebrating in large family gathers. Small Thanksgiving dinners can be warm and wonderful, and these tips will help you combine tradition and simplicity.
Here are some 5 suggestions for a smaller version this year!
- Set a pretty table. Pull out the candlesticks and pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Choose Turkey breast. One of the best parts of a small Thanksgiving is you don't have to buy a huge turkey that takes an entire day to cook. Use your crockpot!
- Limit side dishes. Keep your list of side dishes manageable and try to prepare one or two ahead of time, if possible.
- Simplify desserts. To save time (and sanity), you can opt for ready-made pie crust. Or you can even skip the crust altogether and make a crisp or custard instead of a pie. If you want to save even more time, choose a frozen pie or pick up something from your local bakery.
- Make new traditions. Take a scenic walk after eating dinner; it's a great way to break up the day and get some exercise or choose a favorite holiday movie to watch every year.