Olio Nuovo meaning “new oil” is an Award-Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the first two weeks of olive harvest with a peppery, rich, buttery, and very robust flavor.
This has an extremely high polyphenol content (antioxidants tested at the time of harvest) of 875 mg/kg! The New 2020/21 Olive harvest has the highest recorded phenol count to date, Over 17x the antioxidant content of your standard olive oil!
Exceptional on any dish! It is great on salads, bread, vegetables, dips, pasta, and even great for cooking (sautéing, marinating, grilling). This is not your ordinary extra virgin olive oil!
Chemical Analysis- Acidity: 0.16, k270: 0.148, k232: 1.430, DK: -0.006, Peroxide Value: 2.19, Polyphenols: 875
Scientific evidence suggests that high phenolic extra virgin olive oil may help
- Lower total cholesterol
- Slow the aging process
- Improve the health of arteries
- Keep blood sugar under control
- Protect blood lipids from oxidative damage
- Reduce the symptoms of and/or prevent type 2 diabetes
- Lower blood pressure and maintain normal blood pressure
- Protect brain proteins involved in memory, learning, and thinking
- Reduce inflammation, like ibuprofen, thanks to its oleocanthal content
Some consider oleocanthal to be olive oil's most important phenolic compound. Found only in virgin olive oil (with the most in extra virgin), oleocanthal mimics the effects of ibuprofen, reducing inflammation. This has a noteworthy effect on long-term inflammatory illnesses and certain cancers. Recent research also suggests that oleocanthal may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.