- 1 tbsp Rosemary EVOO
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blackberries
- 4 tbsp Blackberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cut salmon into 4-6 oz filets (or have your butcher do it). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Heat over medium low heat and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce. You may have to mash the berries with a potato masher.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon filets, flesh side down, and press lightly with a spatula. Cook until crispy, then flip and repeat with skin side down, cooking for a total or 8-10 minutes, or until cooked medium on the inside but crispy on the outside. Place salmon onto plates.
- Spoon blackberry sauce over cooked salmon and top with sliced basil (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Recipe modified and thank you to the blog Liveily Table!