Caprese Stuffed Grilled Portobello
These mushrooms are so filling and perfect to have as a main dish, but you could easily serve them as an appetizer or side!
- 5-6 large Portobello Mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried thoroughly with a paper towel
- 5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese balls , sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons Black Truffle, Garlic, Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Traditional Balsamic Reduction Vinegar
- fresh basil , shredded to garnish
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with oil and place them, oil side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining oil over the insides of each cap.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the vinegar and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Thank you and modified from blog Cafe Delites.