Maple-Bacon Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
The hasselback slicing technique is easily achievable and it allows the flavors of bacon, butter, maple syrup and fresh thyme to infuse the sweet potato.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (orange-fleshed), about 2 lb total
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Poke each sweet potato several times with fork. Place on microwavable plate. Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut sweet potatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, leaving bottom 1/4 to 1/2 inch intact. Place sweet potatoes in baking dish. Brush potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until completely tender. Brush with remaining tablespoon melted butter. Brush sweet potatoes with maple syrup. Top with bacon and thyme.