Piri Piri Chicken Cheese Balls
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup Piri Piri Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup freshly sliced scallions
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup packed blue cheese, broken up
- 1/2 teaspoon Piri Piri sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Have oil heated to 350 degrees F. Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and scallions, and toss to combine. Roll the chicken into 2-ounce balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot fry the chicken balls in batches. Cook for about 2 minutes per batch. Remove the chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the chicken alongside the dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from Food Network