That’s the beauty of extra virgin olive oil, it can so easily take the place of butter with no ill effects. Trust me, you’ll be shocked at just how creamy and buttery these potatoes taste when made with olive oil and a splash of milk. If Rosemary is not your cup of tea, try Butter, Garlic, or Tuscan Herb...and don't forget Black Truffle EVOO too!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh rosemary or other herbs, for garnish (optional)
- Cut potatoes to evenly sized chunks. Bring to a boil in a large pot of salted water; cook for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes easily split apart when poked with a fork.
- Drain potatoes, then return to pot and set over low heat. Mash potatoes with a potato masher on the heat for 1 to 2 minutes (doing so will allow the excess moisture to evaporate). Remove from heat and continue mashing until mostly smooth.
- Add olive oil and mash to incorporate, then add milk, salt, and pepper and mash until smooth and creamy. A dd 2-4 additional tablespoons of milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs, if desired. Serve warm.