Maple Glazed Green Beans
Packed with flavor-- a great choice for a holiday side or any time!
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Bourbon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir cranberries, syrup, salt, pepper into onion mixture. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine.
Modified from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maple-glazed-green-beans/