Shaved Brussels Sprouts Crostini With Truffle, Garlic & Butter EVOO
This is a simple but delicious appetizer! You can make this for dinner, snack, or even breakfast (just top it with a fried egg).
- 12 to 14 Large Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ C. Shaved Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp.Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp Black Truffle, Garlic, & Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil+ extra for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Baguette, 30 ½ inch slices
- Use either a mandolin or chefs knife to slice each Brussels sprouts thin. Cut off the bottom stem and then slice thin.
- In a large sauté pan melt the butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add the garlic, Brussels sprouts and cook for about two minutes. Take off the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a light drizzle of the olive oil & the lemon juice and taste, then adjust until desired levels are achieved.
- Toss in the Parmesan cheese and add more if desired.
- Brush each crostini on each side with olive oil. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until lightly brown. About 5 minutes into cooking, flip each crostini over to ensure even browning. Remove and let cool.
- To assemble, add about one heaping teaspoon of Brussels sprouts mixture to each toasted bread and lay onto a serving platter of your choice. Serve room temperature.
Modified from the blog "Authentic Suburban Gourmet"