Spicy Watermelon Prosciutto Salad With Lime Yogurt
There's nothing like a delicious, refreshing salad that requires no cooking--my favorite kind 😉 The addition of Prosciutto makes this a great dinner or brunch option.
- 3 cups Seedless watermelon cubes (about 1 1/2-inches in size)
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers or English cucumbers, cut into half lengthwise, then thin half moons
- 4 pinches Flaky Sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1 Tbsp. Lime or Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Tbsps. lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes) or use our Key Lime White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces Prosciutto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Harissa
- 1 handful Fresh Basil and/or Mint, leaves left whole or roughly torn
- 3 pinches Everything Bagel Seasoning, for serving
- Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumbers in a bowl. Add several big pinches of sea salt, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Gently toss and set aside. (Taste before plating, adjusting salt and acidity as needed.)
- In a small bowl, make salted-lime yogurt: Mix yogurt with 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and a few big pinches of flaky salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the harissa with the remaining lime juice.
- On a large platter or individual plates, spread an even layer of the yogurt, going close to the edges of the plate so it’ll peek out.
- Top with the watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumbers (use a slotted spoon if there’s a lot of accumulated liquid at the bottom of the bowl).
- Arrange the prosciutto in and around the salad; same with the basil and/or mint.
- Sprinkle the bagel seasoning on top, then drizzle the harissa over the entire salad (including the yogurt at the edges). Serve right away with extra flaky sea salt.
Recipe Modified from Food52