Summer Waldorf Salad with Grilled Chicken
This Waldorf salad recipe is the perfect accompaniment to warm weather—just remember that since the dressing is mayo-based you’ll want to keep it on ice when it’s not in the fridge. The recipe is fresh, crisp, and easy!
- 1 bunch Red kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces (use Spring Mix or Arugula Mix)
- 1 lb. Chicken breast, grilled with salt and pepper
- 1 cup Candied walnuts
- 2-3 Celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Grapes, cut in half
- 1 Granny apple, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsps. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. Lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsps. Honey
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl toss torn kale with salad dressing. Top with sliced chicken breast, candied walnuts, celery, grapes and apples.
- If making ahead, store prepared salad without dressing the kale. Dress salad right before serving.
Leave a comment