3 Fresh Tomato Sandwiches
There's nothing like a farm fresh tomato sandwich on a summer day! Try these 3 variations at home to bring excitement to your kitchen.
Tomato & Basil Mayonnaise Sandwich
- 1 cup Hellmans Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Basil EVOO
- 1 tsp Tuscan Dipper Herbs Mix
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- Mix together basil EVOO, tuscan dipper herbs, and mayonnaise. Spread onto each slice of bread.
- Place sliced tomatoes on one side of bread and cover with the other slice of bread. Cut in half and serve.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
Open-Faced Garlic & Tomato Sandwich
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Hellmans Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chives, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic EVOO
- 1 tsp Lemon Rosemary Garlic Salt
- 6 slices of bread, toasted
- 2 lbs mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Mash the feta with the mayonnaise and chives and season with lemon rosemary garlic salt.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the toasts and top with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Serve right away.
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine
"ELT" Egg, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich
2 slices of bread, toasted
¼ cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
2 thick tomato slices
- 1 Tbsp Black Truffle EVOO
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, sliced crosswise
3 leaves iceberg lettuce
- Mix Black Truffle EVOO and mayonnaise. Spread on both bread slices.
- Top a slice with tomatoes; season generously with Black Truffle Salt.
- Arrange eggs over tomatoes.Top with lettuce, close sandwich, and cut in half before serving.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit