- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Pesto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp thyme
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise, season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook until just starting to turn golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the garlic and oil into a heatproof bowl.
- Oil the grill and set for high heat. Place the tomatoes cut side down and grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over, top with the garlic oil mixture and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from grill and top with thyme and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food Network