Cindy's Artichoke & Asparagus Lemon Pasta Salad
Cindy's favorite supper! This delicious Artichoke & Asparagus Lemon Pasta Salad is delicious and super easy to make. It feels like Spring...and we all need a little Spring!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) uncooked pasta, Strozzapreti
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (14 ounces) jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 batch Tuscan Herb Lemon Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously salted water until it is al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped asparagus, season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sliced garlic, and continue sautéing the mixture for 1-2 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp on the inside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, asparagus mixture, artichoke hearts, Parmesan, and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle evenly with the Tuscan Herb Lemon vinaigrette, then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan if desired. Or cover and refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
To make vinaigrette
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup until combined.