Pasta Figioli (Pasta & Bean) Soup
This Pasta Fagioli recipe is a must especially during cold winter months. It's easy and hearty---the ultimate comfort food and truly one of the best soups you’ll make!
- 2 tbsp. Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 medium Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Tuscan Dipper Herb Mix
- Black pepper
- 2 (15-oz.) cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can Tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Ditalini pasta (or other small shapes)
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Bread Croutons, for garnish
- In a large, deep pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery and cook until slightly softened about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add Tuscan Dipper Herb Mix and pepper, then add in beans, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then stir in ditalini.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls garnished with Parmesan and Croutons.