Bacon 🥓 Bruschetta! The perfect appetizer for a get-together any weekend--easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
- 4 Tbsps. Bacon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Tomato chopped, about a cup or so
- 3 Tbsps. Fresh chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped olives
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 4-5 strips Bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- Italian Bread, Sour Dough Bread or any Rustic loaf of bread, sliced
- Mix olive oil, tomato, basil, capers, olives, salt, and pepper together. The longer the mixture sits the more the flavors blend together.
- Slice bread, brush with olive oil and broil until toasted.
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble.
- Top bread with tomato mixture.
- Add bacon to the top of tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Recipe modified from blog "Leigh Anne Wilkes"