Black Olive and Lemon Chicken Salad
This salad is delicious as an appetizer or salad for brunch! Try it as a sandwich, too. This is a simple way to use leftover chicken and make a quick meal. Yum! (I do love olives!)
- 2 ½ cups Chicken, cooked, finely chopped (can use meat from a rotisserie chicken with the skin removed)
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Almonds, toasted and chopped
- 3 Tbsps. Black Olive Tapenade
- 4 Lettuce leaves, Bibb or Butter
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and tapenade.
- Stir in chopped chicken, celery and almonds.
- Chill at least one hour. Serve in mounds on lettuce leaves.
- Can also be served as a sandwich or in pita pockets.
Recipe from The Gracious Gourmet