Carrot Cake Conserve Tartine
The simple French definition of tartine is “a slice of bread”, but it has come to mean a layered, open-faced sandwich. It is traditionally sweet, but can also be savory. It can be simple or it can be complex. This is one of our favorites: Carrot Cake Conserve Breakfast Tartine.
- 2 Tbs. honey (or more to taste)
- 8 oz. Neufchâtel cheese (or 1/3 reduced-fat cream cheese) at room temperature
- Sturdy bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- Carrot Cake Conserve
- Walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Beat the honey into the cheese. Spread the mixture generously on the toast. Spread a nice layer of the Conserve over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts. Drizzle with honey.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.