Host a pizza night at home!
This recipe will make 3 pita pizzas or one thin crust pizza with 6 slices.
- 3 6" whole wheat pitas or 1 12" thin crust pizza
- 9 oz lean ground meat - you can use ground turkey or chicken if you prefer.
- 3 tablespoons Burger Blast seasoning
- 1/2 cup jar Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- On medium high heat, combine meat and seasoning in a skillet.
- Cook until meat is browned. If meat becomes dry add about 1/4 cup water to the mixture
- Place 3 whole wheat pitas (or thin prepackaged pizza crust) on a cookie sheet and spreading each pizza with marinara sauce leaving an edge on the pita.
- Divide seasoned, cooked meat and spread evenly on each pizza
- Divide cheese and sprinkle evenly over each pizza
- Bake in oven about 8 - 10 minutes until cheese melts and pita is crispy
- Divide red onions plus tomatoes and place evenly over each pizza.