French Style Potato Salad
For all of you out there who don't like mayo-this potato salad is for you! Simple and zesty, but scrumptious! This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan, which makes it a great choice for parties or potlucks.
- 2 pounds Baby yellow potatoes
- 1 Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. Spicy brown mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp French Herb Salt
- 3 Tbsps. Chianti Red wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 Tbsps. Herbs de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill, chopped
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, then slice into 1/4-inch slices. Add to a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a healthy dash of salt (for flavor) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly (to medium/high) and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and also easily slide off the knife.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking, drain and rinse with cool water. Then once mostly dry, add to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare dressing. Add mustard, garlic, French salt, pepper, vinegar, and to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then, while continuing to whisk, slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify the oil and vinegar. Add the dill and whisk once more.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes along with the green onion and parsley, and toss to combine.
- Serve warm, chilled, or room temperature. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Recipe modified from the blog "Minimalist Baker"