Tequila Lime Chicken With Mango Salsa
Served with fresh mango salsa, grilled tequila lime chicken is the perfect meal to enjoy on a warm summer night. For extra flavor, each chicken piece is coated with honey-lime glaze.
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 2 Tbsps. Lime juice, plus zest
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced or flattened to ½-inch thick, 4 breasts (also could use chicken wings instead)
- 2 Tbsps. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Key Lime White Balsamic Vinegar
- Marinade- Whisk all marinade ingredients together- tequila, lime juice, zest, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, chili powder, black pepper, and olive oil. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag just large enough to fit. Pour marinade over the chicken, turning to coat. Remove any air from the bag and seal. Allow chicken to marinate for 20 to 30 mins at room temperature or 1 hour refrigerated.
- Glaze-Combine in a small bowl, honey, and lime vinegar, set aside.
- Mango Salsa-Make, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill grates with the oil.
- Once the grill is nice and hot, add the chicken breasts and discard the marinade.
- Cook until no longer pink (160-165°F), about 4-6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- After flipping the first side, brush the glaze onto the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm.
- Brush more glaze on the chicken before serving and top with mango salsa.
- Garnish with Grilled Lemon or Lime wedges.
Modified Recipe from the blog "Culinary Scientist"