Let's get the grill fired up and make something fun! This dish is full of flavor and beautiful. Make it for friends or family.
Serve with a green salad for a light dinner, and slice up the leftovers for wraps the next day.
- 4 Tbsps. Turkish Aleppo Pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Water, divided
- 1 Lemon, for zesting and juicing
- 2 Lemons, sliced for grilling
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken thighs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, full fat
- 3 Tbsps. Greek Seasoning Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsps. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Combine Aleppo Pepper and 2 Tbsp of warm water and steep for 5 minutes. Stir to form a paste.
- Zest 1 lemon and put the zest in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Juice lemon into that same bowl. Add all ingredients except the chicken and 2 sliced lemons into the large bowl to create marinade and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken to the marinade and cover. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Remove thighs from marinade; you don’t want a thick coating of yogurt on the chicken, but some can remain. Grill thighs on a medium-hot grill.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes per side, until grill marks, have developed and meat is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside to rest.
- Toss sliced lemons with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill on both sides until grill marks develop. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, chopped chives, or an additional shake of Aleppo Pepper.