Grilled Shrimp with Chile, Cilantro and Lime
- 16 jumbo shrimp, unpeeled, preferably head-on
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nuoc nam or nam pla), divided
- 4 tablespoons Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 30 cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 10 long red chiles (such as Holland or Anaheim), stemmed
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 1' pieces ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or (packed) light brown sugar
- Combine shrimp, 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, 2 Tbsp. oil, and turmeric in a large bowl; toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Purée 4 Tbsp. fish sauce, 2 Tbsp. oil, cilantro, and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until a coarse mixture forms; transfer dipping sauce to a small bowl and set aside.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Oil grill grates. Shake excess liquid from shrimp and place shrimp on grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until shrimp are charred and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Serve immediately with sauce.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
Leave a comment