Honey Balsamic Pork Chops
Trying to make dinner after a long day at work can be stressful, but this recipe can be made quickly with not much effort. Food shouldn't be a stress-inducing phenomenon. In Cindy's opinion, this is a "borderline fancy recipe, almost fancy, depending on who you're eating with." With the balsamic vinegar, all the other ingredients cooked in a skillet, and the drippings poured over the meat slowly, this is the star of the dish!
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, divided
- 1 Lb. Pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 2 tsps. Honey Chipotle Rub
- 1/4 cup Traditional Balsamic Reduction Vinegar (or try Cherry Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add pork chops to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chops from heat and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet along with the scallions, garlic and Honey Chipotle Rub. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to skillet. Stir in vinegar, and honey and cook until well incorporated. Add 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard. Taste the sauce and add salt as needed to taste.
- Add pork chops back into pan and cover with sauce.
- Plate and garnish with additional scallions.