Spinach, Apple, And Walnut Salad With Bacon EVOO & Bourbon Vinegar
I am starting this year off intending to eat a salad every day. 🥗
One of my favorite salad combinations is spinach, walnuts, and apples. This salad is crisp, refreshing, and super healthy. It is packed full of omega 3s and antioxidants!
Pair with a steaming bowl of soup on a chilly day.
- 4 cups raw spinach, washed and dried
- 1 Medium apple (any variety but I love Gala or Honey Crisp)
- ½ Red onion, sliced
- ½ Cup raw walnut pieces
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ to ½ Cup Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola, crumbled or cubed
- 3 Tbsp. Bacon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Bourbon White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl add spinach, apple, red onion, walnuts, chia seeds, and cheese.
- Combine oil and vinegar. Drizzle over the salad then toss.
- Add salt and pepper as needed for taste. Don't you feel so healthy?