Nashville Hot Grilled Shrimp, Perfect for Tacos or Salad Topper
I couldn't handle these shrimp, they were too hot. They did not go to waste, however, as my brother and friends devoured them. You can serve the shrimp over rice, in tacos, or in salads. Hot lovers will love these!
- 1 pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsps. Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or try Garlic EVOO or Lime EVOO)
- 3 Tbsps. Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup (or our Bourbon Honey)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Nashville Hot Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Put 6-8 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from catching on fire.
- Add the shrimp to a medium glass bowl
- Combine together the olive oil, seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and maple syrup. Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade to baste the shrimp.
- Pour the mixture over the shrimp. Refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350° to 400° F).
- Using all of the wooden skewers, skewer the shrimp, discarding the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on one side, baste, then flip over. Baste the other side, cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Serve shrimp on a platter with lime and lemon wedges. Great to serve over rice, salad, or tacos.