I love how this salad is both tasty and beautiful. Because it is so easy to make, it is ideal for a holiday meal or your lunch on a Saturday. Champagne vinegar adds such a bright taste to this salad that I could eat it every day.
- ¾ cup Whole Walnuts (or use pecans)
- 3 Tbsps. Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
- 8 cups Spring Greens
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 2 pears, any variety, sliced
- ½ cup Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add the sugar and cayenne. Once it starts to melt, add in the walnuts and toss well to coat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove the walnuts, placing them on the parchment. Separate the nuts so they aren’t in one big chunk. Let cool completely before using.
- Combine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together. Stream in the olive oil while constantly whisking until the dressing comes together.
- Place the greens in a large bowl and season well with the salt and pepper. Add in the pears, walnuts, and the crumbled gorgonzola. Drizzle on the dressing and serve.
Modified recipe from the blog "How Sweet Eats"