Pizza with Figs, Balsamic, and Arugula
- Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
- 1 each 1-pound package purchased pizza dough
- 2 c (generous) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 6 small fresh figs, cut into ¼- to 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 T Fig Vinegar, divide
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (from two 3-ounce packages)
- 1 T Basil EVOO
- 8 c arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal.
- Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12×10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper. Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 tablespoon Fig Vinegar over. Set aside.
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately drape prosciutto slices over, covering pizza completely.
- Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer pizza to cutting board.
- Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon Fig Vinegar and Basil EVOO in large bowl; add arugula.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza.
- Cut into pieces and serve.