- ½ pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 firm ripe avocado
- 1 blood orange or regular orange
- 1 cup cooked chick peas, canned
- ½ cup Greek black olives
- 1 red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh strained juice of half an orange
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt pepper to taste
- Trim the stems off the spinach and discard or save for another use, such as in a stew or soup. Coarsely chop the spinach. Wash and spin dry.
- Cut the avocado into slices, peel, and cut each slice in half.
- Peel the orange and cut it in half lengthwise and then into thin half-moon slices.
- Place all the ingredients for the salad in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the salad, toss and serve.
Recipe Modified from Diane Kochilas