Zesty Shrimp Tacos With Slaw
This easy shrimp tacos recipe is made with zesty shrimp, avocado, mango, cabbage slaw, and creamy cilantro lime sauce.
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ½ Tbsp. Honey Chipotle Rub
- 1/2 tsp. Lime Fresco salt
- 1 Avocado, ripe, diced
- 1 Mango, ripe, diced
- 6 to 8 Flour tortillas
- Garnishes: avocados cilantro, lime wedges
For the Slaw and Shrimp Taco Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbsps. Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or use Meyer Lemon EVOO, Tex-Mex EVOO)
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 small Jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, tightly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Lime Fresco salt
- Zest and juice of 1 large or 2 very small limes
- 3 Tbsps. Lime Habanero White Balsamic Vinegar (or if too spicy Key Lime White Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage ( or take it easy and buy 1 bag of slaw mix)
- Rinse and pat the shrimp dry, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the rub and salt. Toss to coat evenly. Let rest while you prepare the shrimp sauce and slaw.
- Prepare the sauce and slaw: In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, lime zest, and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Place the cabbage in a mixing bowl and toss with about ½ cup of the sauce. Add more sauce if you desire a creamier slaw, then reserve the rest of the sauce for serving.
- Cook the shrimp: In a large nonstick skillet over medium high, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add the shrimp and sauté just until the shrimp is cooked through and no longer translucent in the center, about 4 minutes. If your shrimp are pre-cooked, only cook for 1 minute. Do not overcook! Transfer the shrimp immediately to a plate.
- Warm the tortillas (optional) and assemble the tacos: If you like, warm the tortillas in the microwave (put them in a stack and cover them with a lightly damp towel) or a 250 degree F oven while the shrimp cook. To serve, fill the tortillas with your desired number of shrimp, then top generously with the slaw, avocado, mango, extra sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe modified from the blog "Well Plated"