Ahhh, citrus season! I love oranges and beans...sounds like a weird combination, but it's a new year. Let's get adventurous in 2021!
- 1 Can of organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can of white beans, rinsed and drained
1 Medium red onion, thinly sliced and diced
1 Healthy thumb of ginger, peeled and grated
1 Bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 juice of a lime
2-3 Tbsp. Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil or use Blood Orange EVOO
- 1-2 Tbsp. Blood Orange White Balsamic Vinegar
Sea salt, and a generous grind of fresh pepper
- Rinse and drain the beans and chickpeas in a large colander.
- While the beans are draining, slice the onion, grate the ginger, chop the parsley and add this to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper and give this a stir.
- Add the beans and chickpeas, give the lot a good toss, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. The longer it sits the better it gets!
Modified Recipe from the blog- The Well Traveled Kitchen