Fall is here and time to break out the slow cooker. Who doesn't love getting home from work and know that dinner is ready!
- 3 tbsp Harissa EVOO
- 2 lbs.boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Squashed Lemon Olives (or Kalamata Olives)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Moroccan Rub
- Sliced Apricots (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (juice for serving)
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a sauté pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken, onion, garlic, 2 tbsp of olive oil, and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is fork tender. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice.