Curly Endive Salad With Orange & Pistachios
I love endive, frisée and other bitter greens. I know they are not everyone’s cup of tea! This salad is tangy, sweet--perfect to wake up your taste buds...
- 1 large head of curly endive or frisée, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 Blood oranges
- 2 Tbs. Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup Blood Orange EVOO
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted
- Put the greens in a large salad or mixing bowl. In a small bowl, finely grate the zest of one of the oranges into a small bowl.
- Slice the skin from both oranges and cut the orange sections away from the dividing membranes; put the sections in another bowl.
- Add the vinegar, honey, and onion to the zest, whisk in the oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add just enough of the dressing to the greens to coat it lightly.
- Mound the greens on four salad plates, scraping any red onion remaining in the bowl over the greens.
- Arrange the orange slices on top, scatter with the pistachios, and serve immediately.