- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled ( see notes)
- generous pinch salt
- a couple twists fresh cracked pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons Koroneiko olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs- Italian parsley, dill, cilantro, basil or tarragon
- 1 Shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar or honey
- Make the pickled shallots. Thinly slice the shallot and place in a small pot with water, vinegar, salt, sugar. Bring to a simmer, stir until sugar and salt are dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil and peel eggs. Slice in half and arrange on a platter.
- Season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter fresh herbs over the eggs.
- Top with pickled shallots.
- Serve these warm or chilled.
Recipe adapted from Feasting at Home