Koroneiko Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Our Koroneiko Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a Greek olive variety and produces a very balanced olive oil, but packs a nice peppery finish. The olive oil is creamy and buttery with flavors of green apple, almond, and wildflower. The bitterness is mild—remember all extra virgin olive oil should have bitterness and a peppery finish!
Koroneiko, our most popular plain extra virgin olive oil is an excellent healthy oil for everyday use! The olives are harvested in November and have an extremely low acidity and very high polyphenol(antioxidant) count. The polyphenol count is 440 and has a smoke point of 400 degrees F.
- Use in marinades or sauces for meat, fish, poultry, and vegetables.
- Drizzle over salad or use it to create a delicious vinaigrette.
- Drizzle over cooked pasta or vegetables.
- My favorite--Create an easy appetizer with herbs, olive oil, and bread. Everyone loves to dip bread in oil!
- Add to your eggs like omelets and frittatas.
- Great for any culinary use - Sautéing, grilling, roasting, frying, or finishing dishes.
- Bake with olive oil. Get more monounsaturated fat and polyphenolic compounds in your diet.
Suggested Pairings- Any Vinegar!