- 1 1/4 lb skirt steak (cut into 6" slices)
- 3 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp Moroccan Rub
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 scallions (slice thinly)
- 1 garlic clove (smashed)
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp Organic Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra for brushing)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large pita breads
- Romaine lettuce
- Light a grill. Rub the steaks all over with 3 tablespoons of the spice rub and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, scallions, garlic, jalapenos and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice rub. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare meat. Brush the pitas with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Transfer the steaks to a platter and serve with the toasted pita, yogurt sauce and lettuce leaves.
Recipe adapted from Food&Wine