Piri Piri Halloumi Burgers with Citrus Slaw
A great alternative to a meaty burger! The citrus slaw perfectly cuts through the delicious cheesiness.
- Halloumi Cheese, 8 oz. sliced into 4
- 3 Tbsp. Piri Piri Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Koroneiko Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, peeled and shredded
- White Cabbage, 1/2 small head shredded
- 1 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Greek Seasoning Vinegar
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Arugala, or your favorite greens
- Tomato, sliced
- Ciabatta or Hamburger Rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the Piri Piri and the olive oil and mix well. Place the Halloumi slices in the marinade.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrot, cabbage, red onion, and cilantro. Mix in the mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Heat your grill to medium, oil the grates of the grill with a bit of olive oil and place Halloumi on the grill. Brown both sides.
- Assemble sandwiches. Place arugala, tomato, on bun. Next, place halloumi and top off with the slaw.