Potato Leek Soup With Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil & Homemade Croutons
- 6 Tbsps. Lemon Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium Leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2 medium Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 2-2 ½ tsp. Lemon Rosemary Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 5 cups unsalted Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 ½ lbs.)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 Large lemon
- 4-5 Tbsps. Heavy cream or half and half
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Homemade Croutons
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the leek and celery, and sauté for 7-8 minutes, until soft. Stir in garlic, salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme sprigs and cook 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Use an immersion blender** to puree the soup until very smooth. Stir in lemon zest and juice, cream or half and half, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve soup in bowls with homemade crouton, drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and dust with remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
**If you do not have an immersion blender, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Take caution with pureeing hot food by removing plug on the lid of your blender and covering it with a kitchen towel to let some steam escape.
Recipe modified from The Healthy Epicurean.