Shrimp On Seasoned Crackers With Bacon Jam And Cream Cheese
Heaven on a cracker! Tangy cream cheese and smoky bacon jam play up the shrimp’s 🦐 natural sweetness for this quick and easy appetizer.
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers (about 35)
- 1/2 cup Bacon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Chesapeake Seasoning
- 24 jumbo Cooked Shrimp, peeled (about 1 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Meyer Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup Hot Pepper Bacon Jam, at room temperature
- Prepare the Seasoned Crackers: Stack crackers upright (as they are packaged in the sleeve) in an airtight container in a single layer. Whisk remaining 2 ingredients in a bowl; pour mixture evenly over all crackers. Put lid on container; let stand 10 minutes. Flip container; let stand 10 minutes. Repeat until oil and seasoning have soaked into crackers, about an additional 10 minutes.
- Prepare the Shrimp and place in a large bowl. Stir together shrimp, salt, pepper, vinegar, chives, and dill until shrimp are evenly coated.
- Add bacon jam to cream cheese and whip until smooth.
- Arrange 24 seasoned crackers on a platter. (Reserve remaining crackers for another use.) Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese on each cracker. Top each cracker with 1 shrimp, and spoon ½ teaspoon pepper jelly onto each shrimp. Garnish with additional herbs. Serve immediately.
Modified Recipe From Southern Living Magazine