Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini
Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini appetizer is so easy and really doesn't need a recipe. Make this for an afternoon snack with a glass of wine!
- 1 Baguette, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pint Strawberries, fresh, sliced
- Goat cheese (ricotta or mascarpone cheese are great substitutions)
- 3 Tbsp. ( 1 Tbsp for bread, 2 Tbsp, for Goat Cheese) Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Basil EVOO
- Traditional Balsamic Reduction Vinegar
- Basil, fresh, chopped
- Black Pepper
- Preheat broiler and position oven rack to highest position. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Toast under broiler, watching closely and rotating pan as needed for even browning, about 2-3 minutes total.
- Let bread cool. Add olive oil to goat cheese and whip until smoother.
- Spread bread evenly with goat cheese. Seasoned with fresh black pepper. Arrange strawberry slices over top, drizzle with balsamic reduction, and sprinkle with mint or basil leaves.
Modified Recipe from Southern Living Magazine
Leave a comment