Warm Fennel, Pear, and Cabbage Salad
This refreshing crunchy salad makes an elegant side, but it's hearty enough to be an entree when paired with a crusty artisan bread.
We love it served warm or try it raw!
- 2 firm medium pears
- 3 tablespoons Herbs Provence Extra olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled or sliced Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Peel and core pears; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Toss with 1 tablespoon of pear vinegar. Set pears aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fennel; sauté until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage; toss with fennel. Cook until both are tender, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add pears, water, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to skillet, gently combining ingredients. Cook until liquid evaporates, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with Gorgonzola cheese and toasted walnuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a comment