Lemon Hatch Chile Pesto Omelet
With a touch of Lemon, this omelet is layered with southwestern flavors including garlic, cilantro, and onions. Breakfast for dinner is even better with Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Hatch Chile Pesto. Treat someone special!
- 8 Large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon EVOO
- 1/2 cup Hatch Chile Pesto
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup Shredded cheddar cheese or
- crumbled goat cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs to the pan.
- Cook, lifting edges with a spatula to let uncooked eggs flow underneath, for about 3 minutes, or until almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese and tomatoes onto one half of the omelet in the pan. Using a spatula, flip the empty half of the omelet over the filling. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Warm the pesto in a microwave-safe dish for 30-45 seconds on high in the microwave. Flip the omelet out onto a serving platter. Top with Hatch Chile Pesto and sprinkle with remaining cheese and a little cilantro if desired.