Pizza With Pesto, Mozzarella, And Arugula Microgreens
Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods-- Who doesn’t love pizza? This pizza is even more delicious when you add microgreens!
I love adding microgreens for taste, texture, and besides, it makes your pizza prettier! ☺️
You can adjust the amount of microgreens that you want or experiment with the type of microgreens.
🍕Simple No-Knead Pizza Dough Ingredients
(Make 12-24 hours ahead)
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Active Dry Yeast (slightly heaped)
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1¼ cup Water (plus an additional Tbsp or two if needed)
- Arugula microgreens (Maryland Microgreens)
- Pesto alla Genovese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh cherry tomatoes (sun-dried tomatoes also great on this pizza)
- Traditional Balsamic Reduction Vinegar or Silver Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Mix all dough ingredients with a spoon in a large bowl. The dough will be crumbly and rough; this is fine, but if it feels too rough, add another spoonful or two of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for at least 12 hours, up to 24 hours or until the dough has more than doubled and changed to a very loose, soft, sticky and stretchy dough.
- Flour your work surface very well and empty the bowl of dough on top. Flour the top of the dough, and divide dough in half (or more pieces, if you’re making smaller pizzas). Form them into shapes like balls. With floured hands, hold the first dough ball and let the soft dough stretch and fall away from your hands a few times before placing the dough on a prepared baking sheet/paddle. Use floured fingers to press and nudge dough into a roughly round shape.
- Add toppings –several dollops of pesto, sliced mozzarella, fresh cherry tomatoes – and bake pizza for 10 to 15 minutes on highest oven temperature until the top is blistered and the crust is golden.
- Top with Arugula Microgreens just after removing the pizza from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Tip—Save time, skip making the pizza dough and buy premade dough